Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Own Investigation into 2015 WSOP Cheating Allegations against Valeriu Coca

WSOP Cheat?
You've all heard about the very serious card-marking cheating allegations against Moldavian poker player Valeriu Coca at the 2015 WSOP $10,000 Heads-Up Championship, in which several players were spooked by the handsome player whose face was shielded by dark sunglasses during the play of that tournament. They accused Coca of somehow marking the cards with invisible dye, perhaps only viewable through the lenses of those glasses or contact lenses behind the glasses.

The WSOP officials released this statement about their findings: "Once issues were brought to our attention, we immediately commenced an investigation and worked cooperatively with the Nevada Gaming Control Board. The investigation that was performed has now been completed by all parties. At this time, the matter is considered closed and the fifth-place finisher in Event Number-Ten will now have his funds released for payment."
I took a serious look at this matter and I do believe that Coca had indeed cheated via marking the cards. I also believe the Nevada Gaming Control Board behind closed doors came to this same conclusion. However, it is always in the best interests of the WSOP that no cheating scandals envelop the event, especially after the huge UltimateBet online scandal engineered by for WSOP Main-Event Champion, Russ Hamilton.
I have no proof of my claim here, as I did not have access to any evidence or materials in the case...but it is my strong gut feeling--and I am usually right!